How s'it going?

Welcome, children of the night. Enjoy yourselves and let go of anything you
want. There will be no consequences.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Perfect Getaway

It was a gloomy, damp Saturday night, and what else was I supposed to do?



I went to the movies and noticed that I had only options. I had to watch were either this, or a weird Chinese documentary about Buddhist monks. Hmm, psychopathic killers, or monks...?


Anyways, as hesitant as I was, I was pretty damn bored, and anything that had any sort of entertainment value would have cheered me up.


It wasn't horrible. In fact, it wasn't bad. But it's not fantastic, let me tell you. It's not a Full Price.

 Now that I got that out of the way, let's continue.


So yeah, the plot is that honeymooners played by Steve Zahn and Milla Jovovich (whom you may notice from Resident Evil) go to a Hawaiian paradise, hoping the trip of their lifetimes. The perfect vacation spot they're headed for is isolated from the crowded islands which also makes it pretty challenging to get there. But it turns out that bloodthirsty murders are lurking in the depths of these forests, targeting couples.


Cliff and Cydney (the main characters) are stupid enough to go further and, on their way, they encounter some couples who appear to be very strange.




The script is very clever. It is completely capable of keeping the audience's attention, and makes you wonder what the hell is going to happen next. But for the way it was delivered, I really can't say the same thing. The story is very gripping, but some moments in the movie drag on forever.

However, the ending is kinda ridiculous. But I won't spoil it for you.


In my opinion, Steve Zahn was great in this movie. I'm not going to give away the twist at the ending, but it's pretty awesome.


The scenery in this movie is pretty spectacular, too. If you didn't go on a wild vacation this summer, consider this a sneak peek of what could've been like if you were actually there (well, besides the psychopathic murders).






What I'm doing right now is plain nitpicking, so don't be mad if you don't agree with me or anything.






All in all, this movie is pretty entertaining. The entire movie feels like a game of Clue; when you have no clue, it's really boring, but when you DO start getting some, it's pretty exhilirating. If I was a Spill crew, I'd give this somewhere in the realms of a Matinee, just because the ending is stupid.










If you have nothing to do, or just bored out of your mind, I'd recommend this to you.






7.9 stars out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment